Saturday, November 21, 2009

A little progress

Well I managed to get a bit of painting in, not that much progress to report though.

I tried to do non metallic metal on the silver coloured sword and armor, I found that its quite tricky to get the blending nice and smooth.  I must admit the back is better than the front, I did the front first using mostly dry blending and then tried the back with wet blending which was a bit more successful, I think I need to add a bit of drying retarder for the wet blending, if you get to a stage where the paint is nearly dry then everything seems to get a nasty grainy texture.  I will probably go for one more set of highlights and then finish of the rest of the figure, just got the plume, beard and gloves to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment