Heres a picture of them after a base coat with a medium dark wash to bring out the details.
The picture looks a little washed out compared to the actual colours in real life, I still havent figured out the best way to take photographs yet.
Instead of working on all three at once I decided to focus on one at a time, heres the results so far:
I have shaded and highlighted the main armour and painted in all of the other base colours. The hardest part so far were the eyes, it was really fiddly painting in the pupils! I have added some blacklining around the grey areas to bring out some depth, yep I know its a little messy but I have to add highlights anyway so it doesn't really matter :). The layers on the main armour are not as smooth as I would like but hey its my first go at painting for years so hopefully things are going to get better. I need to make sure the paint is thin enough and to let it dry properly between coats, Im really bad for rushing ahead!
Progress has been a little slow lately and I have been really busy working on programming stuff for work so I never got much time for painting this week, hopefully I will get some more progress done soon.