Saturday, October 24, 2009

Work in progress...

Well its not much but here's what I'm working on at the moment.



 I have actually painted some of the base colour on the dwarfs and quickly washed them to bring out a bit of detail. I'm updating this blog a day behind at moment so I will take some more photos as I go on...

It feels like I have forgotten what to do painting wise, I have used various techniques over the years but my tried and trusted method was always as follows:
  • Base colour
  • wash
  • repaint most of base colour
  • add highlights
I wanted to try out more of the layering approach, like what you see on the rackham paintings but I was unsure where to start.  It doesnt feel quite righ using ultra thin layers that dont make much difference until your on the 12th layer, maybe its just me...

No comments:

Post a Comment